1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazon mp3 purchases

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Hey ya. I have a couple questions about Amazon mp3s.

1. About two months ago (before I went to Branson) I downloaded a greatest hits album. Haven't downloaded anything until a couple days ago (have lots of Pepsi points to turn in) and the download still shows on my list - two songs. I went to my music list and sure enough, those two songs aren't there. Anyone know if Amazon is good about giving me my songs?

2. I'm trying to cash in some points tonight, two songs are showing up as already purchased but never showed up on the downloader. Went to my media library, clicked the download button and yup, they show as already downloaded.

Ideas? Help? I should just be quiet and watch Mythbusters in 20 minutes or so?

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Amazon really does work and download songs. I too use my Pepsi points there. But it's not the easiest process, I admit. You really do need to download their downloader program for it to work right. If you have done that, they are probably on your computer somewhere hidden in a weird folder. Once I located that obscure folder it placed my songs in, I was fine. Also CANNOT have your pop-up blocker when downloading from Amazon.

Now, I'm am off to locate the name of the weird folder it created on my computer, so that maybe you can find it on yours. I do recall that it is deep in the trenches of the folders.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Upper deck them....

wait.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Here's what I found on my computer, assuming you are on a PC. In my music folder, there was a folder the downloader created called Amazon MP3. From there, they list the songs by artist name in a folder, then by song name in a folder, then you should find the song mp3 in that folder. Took me forever to locate them the first time I started downloading from Amazon, for some reason.

Anyway, hope that helps, because I was frustrated the first time I used Amazon as well.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I have the downloader program, and I even know where the weird folder is. I've been buying songs and cahsing in my Pepsi points for several months, this is the first time I've had problems. And it's not entire albums, just a song here, a song there.

For example, tonight I'm trying to download Rosanne Cash's hits 1979-1989 album. Did the click on the Pepsi icon for each song, two of the songs show up as purchased, but are not on the download list for the Amazon Downloader program.

I finally found the customer service e-mail link on the Web site, I'm going to send them an e-mail (along with the order numbers - I'm sure I still have the number for the older missing songs since that album I bought) and keep my fingers crossed they'll be nice.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Roseanne Cash? Tennile wasn't available?

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I like Rosanne Cash.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am sure the AM station in Frostbite Falls has her in the playlist

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

We have FM in Frostbite Falls.

And my Zune has everything from Nickelback to Patsy Cline.

I like a nice variety in my musical selections.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's not variety unless you have Harold Loffemacher and the Six Fat Dutchmen.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Don't you hate on my polkas! [/Bohemian roots are showing]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I lived in New Ulm for two years... how can I be hating on polkas?

Draft saved Draft deleted