1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

amazing10-year-old girl goes 'gaga'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 23, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

maria was on 'ellen' yesterday and already has lady gaga as her biggest fan. take a look: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=83368

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This was a big story here in Canuckistan last week.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

this young lady is spectacular. poise, facial expressions, perfect inflection... makes me feel like my three stooges are good-for-nuthin'-slackers!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Boy was I this girl when I was her age (except I was enough of a nerd to actually write out the sheet music so I'd have a copy). Plus I had more of a classical voice even then while she mas more of a pop voice. And I had my younger sister forever yelling at me to shut up and stop singing because she was sick of hearing me.

The piano isn't all that complicated (IIRC, it's four chords in the same order but with different ways of playing them in some sections). But it is so fulfilling to figure it out enough to be able to perform it.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Too bad she didn't learn another song.

6. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Maria will duet with LG in her Toronto concert

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

That song is still a mess. The little girl's version is better though.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How about a duet?

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She should do a duet with Madonna. That version makes it even more clear that the song is actually "Express Yourself."

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was coming on this thread to post that video. I haven't watched/listened to the girl's version yet, but I have a hard time it's more impressive than that as he did his own arrangement of a better song and pulled it off flawlessly.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I wonder if Gaga will have the kid sing the part about sexual orientation.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

He did a fantastic job with it, winning $10,000 from The Ellen D. Show and a record deal. Watching the faces in the crowd during that performance made it what it was. Seeing all of those girls falling head over heels for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted