1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Washington Post feature on John Wall

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apologies is it's a DB, but I haven't seen it anywhere...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/19/AR2010061902948.html

2. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Prisbell is money. Probably the underrated writer in that department. He had a really interesting discussion on the site about his process, too.

http://live.washingtonpost.com/john-wall.html

3. Mizzougrad96

I've been a huge Prisbell fan since he was in Fresno. Amazing writer and reporter.

4. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Also, Prisbell provides another fine example of how coaches are complete assholes.

5. VJ

VJ Member

Is there anyone who thinks he SHOULDN'T have told Wall about his father being in prison for murder? It stirred up quite a bit of discussion in the DC area the last two days.

Completely agree with his decision, just wondering what others thought.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dear high school coach,
    You're a penis.

7. Mizzougrad96

He had to ask him.

8. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Ditto. It's public record and you can't make it so much a part of the story and leave it hanging. I'm sure it was awkward, but it made the story that much more compelling. I do feel for Wall, though. He obviously didn't know by choice.

9. Mizzougrad96

I feel for Wall for having to answer the question and I feel for Prisbell for having to ask it.

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Pretty much. Very difficult spot, but you have to do it if you're Prisbell. Awesome story. Didn't ever figure Wall to be that open.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe, Wall did have an attitude problem. We don't know. None of us were there. High school coaches aren't paid enough to deal with every head case who comes down the lane, no matter how talented.

12. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Yeah, but reporters certainly aren't paid enough to deal with coaches who put extra effort into being dickheads.

Draft saved Draft deleted