1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 14 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Snoozefest!

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Dude, I know. Even though the wood thing was entertaining when they'd almost be done and then *BOOM*.

I felt so bad for Luke. His mom did bring up a good point - technically, English is his second language so trying to do something in Russian? Ugh. And you can't tell me that blondie didn't get help on that.

I was really happy for Kisha and Jen! They really work well together.

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I love how the couple who got eliminated were completely in the dark about Luke and Mom U-Turning them. "I think it was that team, they're so mean to us ..." ... when it's the last team they would have ever thought. Good for Luke and Mom.

I am surprised more people didn't go for the shutters task instead of the woodpiling. And I was surprised more teams couldn't figure out "Chekhov" after riding the bobsled.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there was someone on the production staff who knows sign language making sure Mom wasn't signing hints to Luke to help him with Chekhov.
    I would have done it.
    I loved when after many struggled, Victor said "who doesn't know Chekhov?"

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I loved that, too. The answer is: at first, just about all of your competitors.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know, I think someone within the production must have helped the contestants with Chekhov. I mean really, if you know nothing about Russian or lit, and you were given those letters, how in the world would you have been able to correctl spell Chekhov without a hint or two?

It was a pretty boring episode last night; I did get a kick out of everyone's inability to see the "needs repair" sign!

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

HAD to be. She repeatedly says she doesn't have the first idea how to even guess, and then with no explanation in the next shot she's solved it?

8. highlander

highlander Member

Truthfully, you have no idea how many tries were edited out.

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. But there is nothing that could make me run around Siberia in my underwear. Not even a million dollars. Then again, I don't look half as good as most of the people who opted to do it.

10. jps

jps Active Member

come on now, wenders ... bet you'd hold your own.

11. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I would actually love to do that challenge.

No idea why. Bungee jumping? If I had to. Gymnastics? No thanks. Even though I hate running, that wouldn't really be all that hard.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I can't put my finger on why, but for some reason I'm not feeling this season. The hicks were great to watch; once they got eliminated it's seemed rather dull to me. It could be because all of the teams seem to get along and be somewhat normal.

Draft saved Draft deleted