1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 14 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

They're not smart, but they can do those physical tasks...

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

barely

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

They made up a lot of time in the cheese task. If they hadn't been stupid about finding the mat at the pit stop, they would have come in 6th. I think they got to the cheese task in 9th or 10th place.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I completely forgot this was starting tonight. Crap.

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I think the characters might be the best in several seasons, so that's an exciting development.

I also think it's surprising that the mid-20s dating couple was the first to get the boot. It seems like most of the "gimmick" pairs are eliminated early and that variants of the best friends/dating couple/etc. are always the strongest.

I'm cheering for the hicks, but only for an episode or two more. I can't comprehend them trying to race to the mat if she can't run.

My pick, though, is the 51-year-old married couple that works out all the time at the gym. They're so nondescript I bet they fly under the radar for several legs.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I fell in love with Luke a little tonight.

7. highlander

highlander Member

The brother and sister lawyer team could be a good one.

I agree the older married couple could be tough too.

The hick couple is just and extension of the hick couple in I believe the last race, from Kentucky, I think. Or I could be wrong.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought the were re-running a past season, hot blondes, hicks/earthy couple, bickersons, older couple who have no chance and the Asian siblings.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Those were my two immediate favorites. And I think the team with the deaf kid could have trouble, only because he doesn't read lips and can only communicate through her. You have to think that's going to hurt them at some point.

Also, a thought on the cheese thing. There didn't appear to be a penalty for the people whose cheese wheels fell off and went rolling down the hill -- so why not just roll four of those suckers down there and then go down and corral them?

Also also, it's nice that the cheerleaders can share the same bottle of hair color. Cuts down on the luggage.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I always wonder why people going on these shows don't go on a fitness routine before the season starts.
    Mrs. Hick is gonna die before this thing is over.
    And is she Mr. Hick's wife or mom? She looks quite a bit older.

11. Great episode, the cheese task had me laughing, that's for sure.

Other things I noticed:
    - Are the blondes (flight attendants) the first to bring roller bags on the show? Most bring backpacks ...
    - New fonts and graphics (sorry, I am a design geek)

Overall, I pretty much like everyone, which is rare. I am sure someone will do something to look bad, but so far, so good.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought the hicks would be first out for sure but based on next week's preview they don't look like they'll be around much longer.

Like CU, I noticed the flight attendants went with those roller bag things. I'd rather have a backpack than one of those things bouncing after me as I'm running somewhere.

That bungy jump thing would have scared the shit out of me.

I'm rooting for the cheerleaders, only because it looks like they used to be with my beloved Dolphins. That older couple reminds me of Ken & Tina from last season. Tina was mega-annoying, but they were both in good shape to handle the challenges.

Draft saved Draft deleted