1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wenders, Sep 28, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

watching the dandrew boys try to march with the russian army was hilarious. i didn't think it was possible to be that uncoordinated.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I thought it was hilarious how the band kept laughing at them. The only reason why they have lasted this long was because other teams have screwed up worse than them.

But yeah, this leg was so obviously non-elim it wasn't even funny.

I'm starting to seriously pull for Dallas and his mom. I love how they get along (them on the Kazakhstan leg...they were hysterical in that cow costume!) and they have so much respect for each other that it's endearing to watch.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Ditto everything you said.

Dan trying to do that march was definite dweeb-o-the-year material -- one of the funniest moments of the season.

I did notice Nick and Star wearing the wrong outfits and I thought the show was edited to make it fairly obvious they weren't following the rules and that they would get a penalty at the end. Really shocked when they got no penalty. Even in a non-elim. leg of the race, staying out of last place is big.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Dan not being able to march correctly was so funny...and so sad. Like Elaine on Seinfeld with the dancing.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The frat boys are not the greatest advertisement for an Arizona State education.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I also thought it was hilarious watching the frat boys negotiate with the cabbie. You know if there had been no cameras around those guys would have gone back to ASU in the cargo holds on 10 different planes.

7. Wenders

I had a flashback to Uchenna and Joyce from S7...they were outside the gate, ready to run in and win but they knew they were stiffing their cabbie (and they and Rob and Amber wandering around the ghetto of Miami, not knowing that the cigar shop they were looking for was only identifiable by its Spanish name translation) so they walked around and begged people for money to pay their taxi before they left him.

8. txsportsscribe

saw a teaser for tomorrow's show where one team loses their cash and passports. why won't it surprise me at all if that team is the dandrew boys?

9. I know there are always a few really boneheaded mistakes on each season, but is it just me or does this year seem to top them all?

I mean Dandrew only takes the cake, but the Divorcees, the Southern Belles and even the Geeks had some major snafus.

My favorite so far had to be Dandrew leaving their shoes and having to wear slippers and then waste money on shoes. The Divorcees digging in the sand for a mythical box ranked up there as well.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Dandrew's continued presence is one of the great mysteries of this show's history.

11. Wenders

Just as long as it isn't Toni and Dallas, I'll be happy.

12. txsportsscribe

toni/dallas have to be the overwhelming viewer favorites. how can you not root for a such a likable mother/son team that has gotten this far?

Draft saved Draft deleted