1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wenders, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Was there ever a follow-up with the dirty details?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I gotta say this show is growing on me. I like the way they incorporate local customs and traditions into the show, rather than just plopping down a Mountain Dew Extreme obstacle course on a beach somewhere. Plus, it's totally merit-based; you finish last, you're out. No politics, no voting, no immunities. I like that.

And geez Louise, are Terrence and Sarah the most annoying couple in the history of reality TV? She's completely dominating and paranoid, and he's a total pansy.

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

no. that would be boston rob and amber.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I think it's actually Jonathan and Victoria, who participated in I believe season seven or eight.

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Those two were like a train wreck.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yes, for those who missed Season 6 and didn't get to see the wonder that was Jonathan and Victoria, you should be thankful. He was annoying before they even read the first CLUE, and that's saying something.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, that one's not close. She is a Playboy model and he is one of the most abusive assholes in the history of reality TV.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

De-fault — the two sweetest words in the English language! Kelly and Christy live!

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Been looking for this thread... way to not read the clue Geeks!

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Steak,
    Find out! Don't let some little bastard break this story on you. (I'll pull for the divorcees now; Amazing Race is a good show).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice last night that Nick put on Starr's combat-fatigues outfit, and Starr was wearing Nick's, according to the name patches on the front of them?

I'm surprised they didn't get docked for that, somehow, for not doing the task entirely correctly, you know?

FWIW, I love The Amazing Race. Always have. It's a quality show -- especially for the reality genre -- and that incorporation of local history, customs, ceremonies and experiences is what makes it so great, and more than just "a race."

It's really almost a shame that the contestants have to be so focused on the race part, and going as fast as they can in order to win, that it makes it almost impossible to take in and appreciate the significance of things, or spend much quality time on them.

This is the only reality show in which I would love to participate, if I could get on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted