1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing Race 13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Wenders, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

It premieres at 8 EST. Who else will be watching?

2. jps

jps Active Member

jps clan, probably. wife is convinced we should try to get on the show.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm watching. Can't wait.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

EGADS! Maybe I'll take my lunch hour to run home and add it to my Tivo.

Craptacular.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

i hope they show it online like they do most other shows... cause i missed it!

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think they are. I went onto CBS.com to look at the bios of all of the teams and it said you could watch full episodes online, so I'd check that out.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Who's the former NFL player? And are the women provably, demonstrably hotter this season than in previous ones?

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

1. Former Cardinals/Chargers DB Ken Greene from the late 70s/early 80s.

2. As an overall group they rank best of all. No knockouts, but nothing bad. The divorcees lead the pack.

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Hippies first to go, of course, and I doubt the two "Southern belles" will last long. Plenty of appealing folks, but the wife with the ex-NFL player couldn't be more of a ball-buster if she tried.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, why the former NFL player is trying to gain back her trust (he cheated on her, in case you missed the 284 references to it during the show) is beyond me. She stinks!

The divorcees are the hottest chicks on the show, and they ain't that hot. And the Southern Belles? Ugh. I can walk through my apartment complex and find two hotter Southern Belles right now.

That said, it's kinda hard to get a read on who's gonna be good and who's not.

11. Faithless

Faithless Member

I've been following the Amazing Race after growing tired of the Battle of the Talent Agency Ringers, er, I mean, Survivor.

It's disappointing to see a couple like the Hippie Beekeepers go first. Out of all the couples in the race, they appear to be the happiest together.

The Geek team appears to be the early favorite to win. They work together well and don't have the personality issues like others teams. I think the brother/sister will be among the final three teams left in the race. The sis is a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

And why do reality shows pick ditzy blondes as Southern Belles. They won't last long. They need go, and I hope they pee on themselves on the way out. (You have to watch the first episode to understand that last sentence).

My views on the other teams:

The divorcees: Nice looking and could finish among the final three.
    The longtime daters from California: Some issue will come up to prevent them from going far in the race.
    The Mom-and-Son team: Mom slows down the team, they finish last, mom boo-hoos and son still loves her. A mid-season departure.
    The young dating couple from New York: A good team, but it looks like he has some jealously issues. A contender if they can avoid a blowup.
    The long-distance daters from Michigan. Could be a surprise team at the end. I like how they work together.
    The Frat buddies: They'll be fun to watch for a couple of episodes before exiting.
    The Estranged Couple: I think all of America wants her out of the race. Now. Watch out for the big blowup between them.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My only issue with this show is it is usually way too easy to pick the first team to go out.

I think I'm about 10 for 13 picking the first team to go.

Still love the show...

Draft saved Draft deleted