1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing for what now passes as "news"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Readallover, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

Now we're talking full centerfold double truck. (For those of you who remember the old lingo)

Oggiedoggie likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Full centerfold double truck" is redundant.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've had it twice out here in Texas - meh. Decent chicken fingers, but its not exactly a food item that's hard to fuck up - high floor, low ceiling. I guess people really like the sauce a lot, but the other thing that really made it different to me was that nice slice of garlic Texas toast. I'd rather have the Popeye's or Wendy's spicy chicken.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Yea, we already have some here. They’re fast and fine and forgettable.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I prefer Raising Cane’s to Zaxby’s or PDQ. Once every couple of months I’m good.

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

gtfo

8. TheSportsPredictor

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

1) Sheetz is great. It's not QuikTrip, but it's great.
    2) Openings and closing leaders for not only digital page view traffic, but retention of your loyal audience. Posting links in this thread highlighting these posts only highlights news outlets that are doing it right.

10. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

I didn't realize this topic would have legs.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t see how it helps with retention. If I see a story about Wawa opening down the street, I read it and then bounce.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This made me laugh on my news feed:

Kelly Clarkson Is Finally Opening Up About Why She Filed for Divorce From Brandon Blackstock
    When celebrities break up, they deserve to go through the same mourning process as everyone else: crying, eating lots of ice cream, refusing to go outside for ...
    Why Kelly Clarkson Won't Be "Truly Open" About Her Divorce From Brandon Blackstock
    Three months after Kelly Clarkson filed for divorce from Brandon Blackstock, the singer spoke to the Los Angeles Times and explained how she's trying to protect ...
    E! NEWS3 hours ago

bookmark_border

more_vert

[​IMG]View Full Coverage

keyboard_arrow_up

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted