1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing for what now passes as "news"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Readallover, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Probably. There are 40 of them in NJ tho.

I don’t get the hype of that place, I incidentally. Yes, very good service. Noted. But Wendy’s spicy chicken is a better sandwich. And once you’ve had a Popeye’s you’ll forget the rest exist.

(Among fast food weaknessses, I actually don’t have that many, except chicken sandwiches, strips and chicken.)

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You're in Jersey? Send me a map. They've opened several in the city, which is nice. And yeah, those first 100 deals are something but no way I'm camping out for a couple of days

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I have to admit I clicked on the story. It said 40. I'm not in Jersey.

The CfA's do well in my area. But they don't do as well as the Cane's do. It's something to behold. I haven't seen drive-thru lines like I see right now at Cane's outside of In-N-Out Burgers.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Whoop-de-damn-doo" [/DerrickColeman]

Not trying to troll. But it's not a big deal. Really.

5. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

A fine item for a weekly but as a bylined story in a statewide outlet? It's good for clicks, I guess.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I've somehow only had Chick-Fil-A once (in my defense they only opened in my neck of the woods within the last year or so). It was...fine. No rush to get it again. This may also have something to do with the fact I spent the next two days shitting my brains out and mainlining Gatorade, which was probably the result of some kind of bug but might not have been b/c Chick-Fil-A was the last big meal I had before it went to shit. My daughter loves their food though, and hasn't reported the shits after any of her meals, so who knows?

Also it's a dumb idea for a story but this is like bitching about the litter box not being clean as the house burns.

I Should Coco, sgreenwell and Liut like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

After a story like that, I'd be ... chicken ... to go back, too.

justgladtobehere and Liut like this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Looking back, I didn't feel great the day before the shit hit the fan (among other things). Thought I was just rundown and tired from spending three hours in the car. Turns out the three hours on the way home were far more interesting!

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yeah, restaurant news always does well. But tell me how many subscriptions your average CfA story drives. Probably zero. It’s junk-food journalism; the substantive stuff brings people in as paying customers.

Liut likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How many subscriptions does any story drive anymore at the average newspaper?

justgladtobehere and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you want real fried chicken in New Jersey, go to Prince's in Trenton.

12. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

Junk food journalism....I like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted