1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amazing accidentally-hilarious quote

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sirvaliantbrown, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Semenya's father dismisses speculation she's not a woman

BERLIN -- The South African teenager caught up in the gender-test flap bowed her head to receive the gold medal for winning the 800-meters at the world championships on Thursday, while officials and family came to her defense.

Caster Semenya won by a huge margin Wednesday in the face of revelations that the world track body asked her to undergo gender testing.

Asked while walking into the medal ceremony how she was feeling, Semenya smiled and said, "Good, man."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/news/story?id=4411235

2. Babs

Babs Member

That is not a woman. Everything about that body (that we can see in the photos) says man.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Not sure where the comedy is there. She called someone "man." And...?

Since the waffle bunny has the night off, I give you Courtney Love with a turtle on her head.
    [​IMG]

(BTW, you don't need a hyphen with -ly.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'm also wondering where the hilarity is

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

This thread reminds me of when somebody will tell me, "Coach Goober had a great quote about that," then it turns out to be some trite thing like, "The hay is in the barn," or "We need somebody to step up."

6. Peg McNichol

Peg McNichol Member

The waffle bunny gets a night off?

7. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I don't quite get what was so "hilarious" about it. But, apparently, I'm not alone. Good to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted