1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amato Isn't Bitter That He Lost To Akron

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Just_An_SID, Sep 13, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

(Honestly I just had a brain cramp and couldn't remember the word we use 'round here. My bad.)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Damn, Pluto just nuked him.

Just annihilated him.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe Herb Sendek can tell him about the MAC

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

for some reason, i remember a line pluto wrote in the late '80s when i was in college. he said bill laimbeer was as nimble as a three-legged moose. i've never forgotten the line, and i've liked pluto ever since.

and moddy, funny how we see words. to me, merger is more high-brow, like two fortune 500 companies merging. and melding is more blue-collar because it's so close to welding. but what do i know, i'm just a guy drinking an otter creek octoberfest and watching the tigers-white sox.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oh, you're right. I just enjoy giving IJAG shit!
    Pop me a beer, I'm on the way over.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's insulting to every three-legged moose.

7. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

I don't live in Akron any more but still read Terry Pluto's columns online. No doubt he is one of the best sports writers in America and has a great sense of humor. Bill Laimbeer was a thug who could shoot.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yay! Another tortured Cleveland sports fan!

Join our club of misery.

EDIT: About an hour after posting this and having read several more of indiansnetwork's posts, I believe he may be COCKDIAN'S non-capitalized-handled brother, and I rescind my offer of membership in our club.

Thank you.

9. indiansnetwork

I stubbled on this looking up info on Buddy Bell. That poor guy mananging the Tiger, Rockies and Royals.

10. indiansnetwork

imjust a girl you from the cleveland area.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Geez, Pat Fitzgerald didn't carp about New Hampshire's inferior academics vis-a-vis Northwestern, and he actually could have.

12. indiansnetwork

I don't know who COCKDIAN is but I am not sure why you have a problem with me.

Draft saved Draft deleted