1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only person who doesn't give a whit about Britney Spears' shaved head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Feb 19, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not sure how you can beg to differ. Anna Nicole was Playboy Playmate of the Year. She was the Guess jeans girl for a while. She was a legitimate model and received the fame and attention that came with it.

She even had a terrible acting career (a la Cindy Crawford).

This isn't someone who became famous for simply going to parties with famous people, like Paris Hilton for example.

Anna Nicole Smith was a laughingstock by the end, but there's no denying she had a legitimate career (as far as showing your titties goes) that made her famous -- in the same wa many other women have become famous -- in the first place.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, being a "playmate" didn't make her "famous" in my eyes. comparing ans to cindy crawford -- who for a loooong stretch was the cover girl on every big-time mag cover in the world -- is ridiculous, imo.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Well, being a playmate and the Guess jeans model might not have made her famous in your eyes, but it did in a helluva lot of other people's.

Clearly, Cindy was the more successful model (she was, after all, a supermodel), but the fact remains the two are famous for the same reason: their looks. To say Anna Nicole is some kind of media creation, while pretending that Cindy Crawford, or any number of other models, is famous for some more valid reason is disingenuous.

And really, I'm defending the media here as much as Anna Nicole. Not sure why. :)

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

have it your way. you win. ::)

5. MR. ALL CAPS

MR. ALL CAPS New Member

NOW THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Am I the only person who doesn't give a whit about Britney Spears' shaved he

Your gimmick sucks, dude.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Ahem...

Nice try, newbs. Fetch a beer for all in the thread.

8. Agree

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I must have missed the e-mail that trolls were meeting at this thread.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: Am I the only person who doesn't give a whit about Britney Spears' shaved he

Personally, I'm shocked. I figured it would be the meeting place for the SportsJournalists.com Mensa contingent.

Carry on. ::) ::)

11. All gimmicks suck, chico.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Point well taken.

Draft saved Draft deleted