1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only person who doesn't give a whit about Britney Spears' shaved head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

For some reason, I thought the whit vs. shit debate was from something you posted. I completely missed that it was in the title of this thread.

I blame it on being a Monday.

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Don't omit how her status alone boosted K-Fed's rep.

3. lono

lono Active Member

I don't care much about this story, but I do want to thank a female SportsJournalists.commer who gave me some valuable advice this weekend in the press box: Whatever you do, NEVER Google "Britney Spears shaves" while in the press box.

Or in the office.

Thanks, my friend. I owe you one.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I just googled Britney Spears shaves, and the most recent links pull up her "head hair" :)

[​IMG]

5. lono

lono Active Member

Sxy, just saying there were some other, uh, less safe for work images and stories that came up. YMMV.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm in a likely target demographic for the celebrity tabloid news - 20s, female, poor - but I really don't give a fuck what Britney, Paris, et. al. are doing.

I do give a fuck that these are the idols of my teenage cousins. It was one thing when Britney was a little too sexed up in the schoolgirl outfit. It's another now that she has two failed marriages, child neglect issues, substance abuse issues, wardrobe malfunctions and a do-anything-to-get-on-TV mentality. It bothers me that the teenage girls one-name these celebrities and talk about them as frequently as they talk about the kids in homeroom.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

1) casty, our late friend, dick young, used to change "s*it" to "spit" in quotes he used. when i was a kid, i thought players actually said, "i don't give a spit."

2) as usual, casty is correct. i didn't give a spit about anna nicole smith, a no-talent nobody. i don't really give a spit about britney's dome, either -- but at least she has a body -- no pun -- of work that made her a pop icon in some younger circles.

i mean, britney has/had fans. anna nicole? i seriously doubt it. if not for the media, she wouldn't have existed.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I, for one, think Brit just wanted the drapes to match the carpet.

9. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Double J, I'm usually the first person to preach to others to change the station, or not watch the TV when they're "reporting" on something I'm not interested in, but in this case, I couldn't get away from it. That's why I posted this stupid thread to begin with and, once more, I apologize for it. I should have left it alone, which would have been what it was worth. Nothing.

My only explanation is that I was hit by three networks plus a few cable outlets hitting me in the eyes with the story, which compelled me to see if others saw more in it than I did. Enough said about the whole stupid thing. Please forgive me.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

never apologize on here, casty. 8)

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In fairness, Anna Nicole enjoyed the same celebrity afforded to many Playboy Playmates and jeans models. Cindy Crawford, for instance, wasn't any more talented, but she wasn't crazy and didn't end up on bad reality shows, so no one says stuff like "if it wasn't for the media, she wouldn't have existed."

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

i beg to differ. guess that's what makes for a good race.

Draft saved Draft deleted