1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only person who doesn't give a whit about Britney Spears' shaved head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Feb 19, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eight No.1 singles, four platinum albums and good looks (at one time) will usually make you famous. I think maybe you and Ted Kaczynski are the only ones who don't think she is one of the most famous people in America.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I think he meant shit.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

We get it, Norm. Heavens forbid someone show a little decorum that the rest of us, your's truly included, typically don't.

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

pern, I guess you're right, but believe me, you say she had eight hit singles? Will you believe it when I tell you I couldn't name any of them. Now, I know I'm 60 years old and my music tastes are different from most, but I can't believe the rest of you can name these "hits" and agree that she's as popular as everyone is telling me.

And yes, I did mean whit as I tried to keep the thread on a kinder level. But if you want it to be shit, feel free. It means the same thing.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Drudge now has a photo of her in a blonde wig. If it's possible to look worse than the bald dome, that's it.

6. EE94

EE94 Guest

yes, you are the only person.
    The rest of us live and die with her antics.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't know what's worse - the attention given Anna Nicole port-mortem or Spears post-hair.

(And let's not forget Eagles is in England, perhaps that wacky British jargon was in play in that post.)

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To be fair, when most people refer to her, it's as simply "Britney." And everyone knows who's being referred to. Not everyone has that status.

9. not sure what british jargon you are speaking of, but i did spend lunch at the pub so i'm not the most sober person in the world....

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Am I the only person who doesn't give a whit about Britney Spears' shaved he

Less: opposite of greater than.
    Lesson: being taught.
    as in
    Spnited is being taught a lesson when told that less is more or less not interchangable with lesson....

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Considering there are already at least two threads on the go about her, starting a new one to ask a simple question like this shows that you must care at least a little bit.

As for those of who you are still wondering why Britney and Anna Nicole are being covered so extensively, I say again -- turn the page, change the channel or turn off the TV. No one is forcing you to pay attention or even acknowledge that other people on the planet may seriously believe that it really is newsworthy. Not that I'm one of those people, but to each his own.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I could have named a few of them, but I did have to look her up on Wikipedia to see that she had eight go to No.1. Her music's not popular among people I know, but record sales don't lie. Somebody's buying her stuff. There's no doubt she famous. Talented? Well, that's another argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted