1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only one who likes the old helmet more?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 13, 2007.

?

Check your top four helmets. Please try to select one of the two options per franchise.

1. Old Patriots

58.5%
  2. New Patriots

23.1%
  3. Old Broncos

47.7%
  4. New Broncos

36.9%
  5. Old Oilers

47.7%
  6. New Titans

21.5%
  7. Old Rams

27.7%
  8. New Rams

35.4%
  9. Old Tampa

27.7%
  10. New Tampa

38.5%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Love the new Rams color scheme, it's much better, and the horns start at the base of the helmet. The old helmet, there used to be a little blue between the start of the horns at the helmet. Always bothered me.

The new Bucs scheme is a good one, too. No one uses pewter, and the flag waving in the wind works for them. (Agree with the previous post about flowing logos, but in this case, it actually makes sense.)

Like the old Patriots colors more, because Patriots are, you know, red, white and blue. Why silver, I'm not sure. And the old Patriot hiking the ball was perfect.

Old Broncos > Power Broncos, hands down.

And I do miss that Oilers logo. Classic.

Re: Chargers, great change.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Loved the old Patriot. Hate the John Kerry-looking guy.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The new Pats "John Kerry the Tadpole" logo is the shittiest logo in the NFL. And yes, Oz, the red/white/blue was perfectly patriotic without any silver.

I was surprised when Denver changed to navy jerseys, since orange was their signature look.

I really dislike all the side panels on the jerseys, helmet stripes that come to a point, all that arena-league shit. Hope the trend spends itself and that teams go back to more classic styles.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Poll blows. Why can't I choose one option for each franchise? :mad:

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey, I can't be here ALL the time.

ALL evidence to the contrary, etc.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Hartford Whalers need to go back to their cool logo circa the Mike Liut days.

7. writing irish

Um, the Whalers don't exist. Moved to Carolina. Won a Cup.

I blame your drug dealer in Roswell for this minor oversight on your part, Xan. :D

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is Izzy's fault? Damn that corksucking coke-peddler.

And to paraphrase Peterman's great line about Myanmar/Burma (episode is playing as we speak), "You may know them as the Carolina Hurricanes, but they'll always be the Hartford Whalers to me."

9. writing irish

Myanmar really should have let Burma keep the old logo and colors. That was classless to swipe all the graphic elements as well as the franchise itself.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Top Helmets imho:
    1. Steelers
    2. Dolphins
    3. Colts
    4. Vikings
    5. Saints

They're all old school and except for the Colts are very much tied to their geographic region.

Five worst.

Cardinals
    Broncos
    Bills
    Panthers
    Jaguars
    The Bills helmet is just too busy the others look so generic they could play in any city in the U.S.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Tell that sob story to Ceylon. They're still fuming over the Sri Lanka fiasco.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dolphins ruined theirs a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted