1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

am i the only one who finds the nfl boring?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: am i the only who finds the nfl boring?

Your blase feeling could also be due to you being around sports so much at work, that you get tired of it and want to be around something else in your off hours.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

BINGO

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But I'm NOT around sports that much in my job, you know? I don't watch it when it's on in the office, I really don't read that many wire stories short of proofing, I NEVER read NFL copy...and when I'm out covering stuff, it's not stuff I'd watch on TV anyway.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Me neither.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

A friend once said of her husband, who watches the football virtually every Sunday," I want to blow up the NFL."

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, I'm having a huge issue with the Man Child. He prefers to watch the CFL. Doesn't like the NFL much. Plus, he's a Leafs fan.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

8. Flash

Flash Guest

LOL, haha.

9. Re: am i the only who finds the nfl boring?

My dos centavos: I subscribe to the NFL Sunday ticket package and I know plenty of others who do as well. On the other hand, don't know too many who have the MLB EI package. I'm a baseball fan and always have been. But I'd never subscribe to the MLB package. Postseason baseball gets me excited, but not many regular season games do. Sorry.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i had to do it.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have always felt that regular season baseball was best to be followed in a newspaper. It is such a day-to-day grind with the 162 game schedule, watching it every night would be almost impossible. But you always have time to pick up the paper.

You may watch an inning or two to see what a pitcher looks like throwing the ball or what a hitter's swing may look like, but baseball is like a soap opera in that every day a new twist unveils itself.

The baseball reached its zenith in popularity in the 50s and 60s, and I'm guessing most people followed Joe D., Jackie and Stan in the paper.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

excuse me, but are you really trying to get this thread back on topic? jeeeeezus.

Draft saved Draft deleted