1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only one who doesn't get Sacha Baron Cohen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

As Hondo was saying:

"Not funny to me:

1. Cohen.
    2. Adam Sandler.
    3. Will Ferrell.
    4. Tom Greene
    5. Ashton Kutcher.

Give me Carlin, Pryor and Richard Jenni any day."
    [/quote]

Amen, Hondo! Those five had trashed American Humor and it's really sad to see people just accept it. And with Carlin, Pryor, Jeni, and Bill Cosby, you could see yourself or people you knew in the humor.

You can't with the group like Cohen, Green, Kutcher, et al.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There. Helped you out with that, though so far it isn't quite coming true.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I loved Borat -- one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and to me it's worth repeat viewing. I still watch Borat clips on YouTube for laughs.

But I saw Bruno on Saturday and didn't like it at all. I understand what he was trying to do, but it just wasn't entertaining like Borat was.

I got the sense that a lot of other people in the theater on Saturday felt the same way I did ... Borat fans who didn't enjoy Bruno much.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Mongoloids?

MONGOLOIDS?

God, you're an asshole. Is there any thread where you're NOT a fucking asshole?

"You dumbfucks should realize that Pearl Jam is the greatest band in the history of mankind!! Blaughh!! spooge!!! Blash!!!!! Vedder!! Dumbshits!!!!"

"Those assholes have enough money! Fuck suing Napster!! You suck!!!!!"

"Sacha Baron Cohen is a genius! I'd clean his taint!! Dumbfuck mongoloids!!! Yeah!!!!!!"

God DAMN, man. Get a new schtick, sock puppet.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And that will do it for this thread.

Calling people "mongoloids" REALLY is offensive to anyone who is close to someone with Down Syndrome. It shouldn't be a throwaway insult.

Of course, even if you are clueless about that. ... it's not an issue if you're not the guy who can't post on a message board without trying to insult people who disagree with you.

If you actually have the type of personality that finds yourself posting that "you retard" or "you mongoloid" response, why not take a step back before hitting the post button and remove it. You can make the same exact point -- and probably have people take you more seriously -- without being a jerk, and in this case an insensitive ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.