1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I hallucinating or is Webby self-outing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Stop while you're ahead. I don't need to know.

I've never flown shit. See, how do you like mental pictures being ruined?

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

And google just shut down for all the people looking him up.

Come on - you know you did it.

:)

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I'm an open book! Ask me anything.

4. What is the United States Bowling Congress?

5. Oops, just found it. Didn't realize it was/will be an olympic sport:

The United States Bowling Congress officially launched Jan. 1, 2005, as the organization to serve amateur adult and youth bowlers in the United States. It resulted from the merger of the American Bowling Congress, Women's International Bowling Congress, Young American Bowling Alliance and USA Bowling. Today, USBC serves more than three million members.

6. Lucas Wiseman

The United States Bowling Congress is recognized by the International Olympic Committee as the governing body for the sport of bowling. It is also my employer. I handle public relations for USBC tournaments and travel with bowling's Team USA to international events.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ok ... now I have a whole new image: Multi-colored shoes with too-slick bottoms that make you slip a lot. Balding. Nacho cheese everywhere. Crappy 3.2 beer sloshing everywhere. And though I can't explain it, a hook for a hand.

Have you ever accidentally milked a bull?

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Lucas Wiseman ... sounds like Steve Bartman's second cousin.

Get him Cubs fans! :D

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh yea? Just how hot do you think I think you are??

10. So how long have you been doing this? How did it happen? I've heard about sportspages and stuff, were you the originator of that, or did you just pick it up when it went down? And where the hell did you find Moddy? ;D I mean, how do you choose a moderator, in general? What kinds of questions do you ask, "Hey, dude, do you have a lot of time on your hands? And "Are you good at dealing with kids?"

11. Lucas Wiseman

I started this site in October of 2001 just as SportsPages was shutting down its forums. And it took off from there. As for picking moderators, there is a secret formula that I cannot reveal.

12. So are you this guy: http://www.poynter.org/dg.lts/id.45/aid.6608/column.htm? If so, what made you come back?

Darn, can't get the link to work. It's from Romenesko in 2002:

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2002
    SportsJournalists.com folds after founder does some soul-searching
    SportsPages.com
    The Web site used by former New York Post sportswriter Wallace Matthews to post his spiked Mike Piazza column "was loved by sportswriters/copy editors, but hated by sports editors who saw it as a snake pit," says a MediaNews reader. The anonymous SportsJournalists.com founder says: "After some soul searching and long hours of thinking, SportsJournalists.com was closed down. There was not one specific issue that lead to the site shutting its doors."
    Posted at 8:00:00 AM

Draft saved Draft deleted