1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I going to die?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by golfnut8924, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Being born is 100 percent fatal.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

ask Ilmago.

3. the greatest percentage of murder victims are killed in their own homes

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had to travel to an island off Cancun for a friend's wedding and it was as miserable as you can imagine. Going to a resort on Cancun is great, going anywhere away from a resort is as shaky as it gets.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So you never leave the house?

6. Its just a matter of not being a "stupid fucking tourist"
    With all the information that;s available on the internet, it astounds me how many people travel somewhere without having done even the most superficial "research"
    My mother is an avid traveller - at age 74 she and a friend recently took a 3-week train trip across the north of India. She taught me to read up on whereever I'm going - and if guide books bore you, start with a novel or something based in that country -- learn a bit of the language, follow the news in the region prior to getting there, etc.
    Even if just going to a resort on an island.
    It's part of the joy of travelling.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Man, I need to move.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No more highway car trips?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Instead of going to Cancun, you should go to Eastern Europe and stay in Hostels. Nothing bad could possibly come from that.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Much safer is a road trip. Just to make it more fun, though, you should pick up a Hitcher for company.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Your odds of dying in a highway car crash (relative to other things that increase your death rate) are pretty good. It's one of those things we just don't think about while we worry about incredibly less likely things like plane crashes and terrorist attacks.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

How'd that work out for him?

Draft saved Draft deleted