1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

am i an a-hole for not buying candy for trick-or-treaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Herbert Anchovy, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Because I ain't doing it, and debated it when I was at the store this morning.

Just wanted to see whether anyone in the congregation felt the same.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Only if you answer the door and give them a lecture about the evils of candy and tooth decay.

Or if you give them healthy shit instead of candy. That'd be a sure-fire way to get your house egged.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you trick-or-treated as a kid, then the answer is yes.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Halloween is a holiday that promotes withcraft and celebrates pagan worship. It should be banned.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Crap. How much does it cost to buy two bags of bite-size 3 Musketeers?

Just buy the candy.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes.

It's called being part of your community.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If you don't want your house to be egged or teepeed, then I suggest you buy the candy. But if you live in an apartment, you have nothing to worry about.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

No.

Any kiddos coming to my house are going to waste their walk up the driveway.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

There were almost no trick-or-treaters in 2001 just after 9/11 and I guess the anthrax stuff. I was tempted not to buy any candy for 2002. Then I envisioned myself as an old man standing on my front porch, waving my cane and screaming, "Get off my lawn, ya little bastards!" I bought the candy.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Just turn off all your lights and go out that night. I don't have any probs with someone who doesn't give out Halloween candy.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Actually, Frank, as with most neighborhoods around me, they do trick-or-treat from 6-8PM.
    I can set my watch by my neighbor and his wife faithfully pulling out of their driveway at 5:55 and returning at 8:05.

Draft saved Draft deleted