1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I a nerd or am I cool based on the following project ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 24, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bubbler: If your wife thinks it's cool that you're doing this.......carry on, wayward son.

If your wife thinks you've fell off the fuckin' rocker.........well, then even more reason to do it.

Very, very cool that you're doing this.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

day-um... that is cold.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I used retrosheet to find the box of the first major-league game I ever went to, May 28, 1977, Jays 6 Angels 4 at the Ex. Jesse Jefferson and his awesome afro started for Toronto.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Which one got credit for the win?

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Ohhhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh, Lisa Loeb.
    [​IMG]

6. Whatever happended to the Lisa Loeb show?

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Saving ticket stubs is critical for accomplishing this.

There are games I was at where the only thing I remember was sixty dollars vanishing from my wallet 7 at a time when the beer man came around, then staggering out of the stadium and falling asleep in the bed of my friend's truck.

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

How many RBIs did Sixto Leczano have in your presence? Has Ed Romero ripped a triple for your personal viewing pleasure? Did Billy Jo Robidoux ever go deep with Bub in the house? How many games of Molly's hitting streak were you at in '87?

From one geeky seamhead Brewers fan to another -- I LOVE IT!! :)

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The only part of your question I can answer is that I was at two of Molitor's streak games. As for Robidoux, I believe he did go deep in a game I attended.

My favorite discovery? I was in the house when "legendary" (to me only in all likelihood) '82-'83 Brewers scrub Bob Skube made a rare appearance.

Edit: I did not see Robidoux hit a home run, but I saw him hit two doubles in a game.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sounds like a whorthwhile project. Just keep us updated.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Hey, thanks a lot. That's really cool.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted