1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I a dirty cheating bastard?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 4, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Sounds like a future episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Sweet Tea will kill you if the milk doesn't.

It's ok what you did. Big families buy the front stuff because they gobble it up so fast.

I'm guessing you are single.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I do this with milk all the time, since I usually need every day before the expiration date to use that milk up.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why would you purposely buy older bread or milk if you could reach back and get fresher stuff -- even if you're going to eat it in the store?

5. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Thanks, BB. I'm glad you do it. That way cheapskates like me can buy the "Reduced for Quick Sale" items that I fully intend to use that day BEFORE they reach expiration. You have saved me from bankruptcy many times. (But when I'm not buying for immediate use, I do the same thing you do th help out the other cheapskates that come in after me.)

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I only grab the white milk, the other kind scares me ;)

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The chunky brown kind is the best.

8. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Yes. [/rokski]

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are a 5-3 woman with two kids who always need watching, are you going to grab way back to get an extra day's life out of bread when it will be gone in 2-3 days anyway?

My wife only drinks skim milk (goes bad faster than whole milk) in the gallon jugs and it never goes bad. And she is psychotic about exp dates.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And all this time I was thinking that reaching around for the fresh stuff was more of a boots thing.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They put the oldest stuff up front because if it gets to the day of expiration, they have to eat the cost. So you're better off digging unless you know you're going to use all of it that day.

12. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

Never fear. Said store will have a "Reduced For Quick Sale" campaign for all those fronted items this afternoon.

Reminds me of Archie Bunker the other morning on TV Land. Edith told him the dented cans are two cents cheaper. Archie went to hardware, picked up a hammer and began denting every can in her basket.

Draft saved Draft deleted