1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alycia Lane - Eisen admirer, bikini model and ANCHOR - charged with assault

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Crazy or not, I'd hit it. It's good, and it's good for you."

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't mind messing with cops while I was drunk until I saw a very special episode of "Boy Meets World."

You see, in the episode, Cory is depressed about Topanga breaking up with him -- for the second time, I think -- so he swipes a bottle of liquor from Alan's cabinet and smuggles it to a party. And while he's chugging away at it in the bathroom, Shawn walks in and is in complete dismay. The two boys get sauced and wind up taking a leak on a police car -- No. 72, I believe. Well, at least they got away, right? Wrong. The cop swung around and picked them up for public drunkenness and under-aged drinking. Oh, my, were Alan and Amy Matthews teed off. They grounded Cory for a month and banned him from hanging out with Shawn -- his best friend in the whole, wide world.

That alone would have scared me sober, but it turned out Shawn's family had a string of alcoholism intertwined. So he began drinking before school, after school and any other time. He was a wreck. He pushed Angela, his girlfriend, into the door of his apartment, and she stormed out saying, "I don't like it when you drink. Call me when you don't." Man, what a mess.

And from that day forward, I stopped messing with cops while I was drunk. And I'll never pee on their vehicles.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Write-brained, you've come up with some great posts. The painting you posted of the guy with his hand up to his ear during the whole 'ignore boots' thing was an all-time classic.

My problem here is a simple lack of logic. You've said repeatedly you don't want to be 'lumped in' with TV types. Well, I don't want to be 'lumped in' with Alycia Lane types.

Are you painting with broad brushes or skinny ones? Pick.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That, mike, is one of the best posts I have ever read on SportsJournalists.com. Downright Bubbler-like. :D

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lane is pretty popular on the Internets...
    Google Trends as of 11 a.m. (PST)
    1. alycia lane
    2. suzy shuster
    3. dan fogelberg
    4. gimlet
    5. rich eisen
    6. chris booker
    7. sam lutfi
    8. alycia lane bikini p...
    9. amanda kimmel
    10. giant rat

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'll own up to the giant rat.

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

8. Well, we're both screwed aren't we? :D

It's not really a big deal. My rule of thumb is simple: If you're competent, I like you and I'll treat you like all my other friends. If not - if you're hitting me in the head with your camera, or compromising yourself to get the story - get the hell out of my way. And in truth, I save my spokesmodel comment for the TV people I don't like. And I don't think I'd like Lane much.

It was a joke. If a TV reporter came on here saying news reporters were pricks, I don't think I'd get my feelings hurt, because they probably ran into a few who were pricks to them - and I'm sure they probably weren't talking about everyone. But that's where generalities come from. In general, we're all lumped together: the Brokaws and Geraldos, the Jayson Blairs and Woodwards. We're The Media. That's just the way it is, unfortunately. The only way to separate ourselves is to do good work.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And I am sure she's thrilled to hear this news. ::) Does anyone on here ever consider a little self-censorship before anonymously hitting the post button?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For BigDog, that is self-censorship.

Draft saved Draft deleted