1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alycia Lane - Eisen admirer, bikini model and ANCHOR - charged with assault

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Dec 16, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/Alycia_Lane_Arrested_in_New_York_for_allegedly_assaulting_an_NYPD_officer.html

Her attorney says it started when she was working in NY and some undercover people started reaching for the camera ... and she finished it by calling the cop a dyke bitch.

I'm curious how this affects her career - found guilty or not.

"And the big story on Eyewitness News is that CBS 3 anchor Alycia Lane is currently locked up in a New York jail cell after being arrested early this morning for allegedly punching a female police officer in the face.

Daily News reporter Regina Medina is reporting exclusively that Lane, 35, was arrested at 2:04 a.m. today at the corner of W. 17th Street and 9th Avenue and later charged with one count of assault witih intent to cause physical injury to an officer, said NYPD spokesman Sgt. Carlos Nieves. The 10th Precinct officer suffered lacerations to her face, Nieves said. Lane was also accompanied by an unidentified male, according to the NYPD report."

The New York Post has additional information on Alycia Lane’s arrest, first reported by Daily News reporter Regina Medina on PhillyGossip.com earlier today.

“I don't care that you're a cop- dyke bitch," the Post quotes Lane saying before slugging a female police officer during a confrontation early Sunday morning in Manhattan.

A police report obtained by Philadelphia Will Do quotes Lane telling the officer: “I don't give a fuck who you are, I'm a fucking TV reporter, you fucking dyke."

According to the Post, as Lane, her boyfriend Chris Booker, Q102 morning show host, and another couple, traveled in a taxicab, a male passenger of their cab got out to confront a slow-moving vehicle in front of their cab. The car contained three plainclothes cops. The paper says the female officer had asked Lane, who was taking pictures of the officers, to back up if she was going to snap photos, prompting Lane’s outburst and a punch, according to police sources quoted by the Post, which said that Lane cried “so hard that her makeup ran down her face,” after she was arrested.

Lane had no comment for reporters tonight as she was released on her own recognizance. Her attorney David Smith told the Post his client "absolutely never hit or made any derogatory comments to anyone." "She was accosted by several individuals wearing plainclothes who violently grabbed her camera to prevent her from taking pictures of the altercation they were involved in," Smith said.

2. lono

lono Active Member

Re: Philly TV spokesbabe charged with assault

Rich Eisen to the white courtesy phone, please.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Spokesbabe?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My thoughts exactly, T_B.

Stay classy, W-B.

5. Re: Philly TV spokesbabe charged with assault

She's TV. That's what I call 'em - especially when they're getting charged with assault.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's just too bad a camera wasn't rolling at the time of the incident. Now it's a war of words, which probably means nothing good for Lane.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

There's a tad-bit of a difference between "spokesbabe" and news anchor.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

When Luggy gets here, I'd LOVE to hear you defend that stance.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody is getting sent to his room.

10. Re: Philly TV spokesbabe charged with assault

Did Luggy send photos of herself in a bikini to Rich Eisen?

Anyway, I'm jaded by all the local spokespeople I meet. I've met a couple good ones, but most suck - and we all know it.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I've seen this woman's photo on here before but can't remember the topic. Anyone remember why we've discussed Ms. Lane before?

EDIT: Never mind; Write brian just answered that for me.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, now that does change things a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted