1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altitude sickness in Denver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Nov 6, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've been on this board for a long time also, and I know I have seen pictures posted of cats driving a car. That scares me. Should I even go out on the road anymore?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think you'll have to, if you're going to find cranberry.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

SAVE YOURSELVES!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I know it's totally out of character for me to post something like this, but ...
    [​IMG]

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm laughing my ass off over this.
    You should be more afraid of the food at Casa Bonita than altitude sickness here.

Seriously, drink extra water. There's more concern about dehydration because it's so dry here, but it's not like you'll be walking up the side of Mount Everest.

Be sure to sit in Row 20 in the upper deck at Coors Field. The purple row of seats. Exactly one mile high. I sat there for the World Series. No one was wheezing of keeling over. Even the folks from Boston who were up there.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Ahh, a most reliable source.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

My friend and I are thinking of taking a canoe trip down the Cahulawassee River in the remote Georgia wilderness. Can I leave my banjo at home? Do I need to worry about sodomizing hillbillies? Or should I bring my compound bow?

8. poindexter

Maybe Will is walking to Denver. That could take quite a toll on someone.

9. poindexter

Can you hear Will telling his kids someday:

"You think you guys have it rough? One time, I went and saw the Mets play in Denver!"

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Wait until next year. The drought has sucked the rivers dry this year.

11. Idaho, how is my question a sign of cluelessness? I've lived on the east coast my whole life and I'm asking about something I've heard people experience while visiting Denver. I figured this would be a good place to ask since people travel around the country for their jobs. I had a journalism teacher in college who said if you didn't know about something, then learn about it. So I was attempting to learn something about it from people on the board. I just happened to be thinking about it when I was on here and thought I would start a thread. I like to be prepared for everything and anything. Can't see anything wrong with that, but apparently my curiousity is a sign of me being clueless, stupid, dim witted or a combination of all three.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted