1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altitude sickness in Denver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Serious answers, this time, for the serious questions.
    You shouldn't be.
    Stay home. That's pretty much the only fail-safe way to avoid travel-related sickness.
    Avoid the Sears Tower.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

... who, you said, was playing freaking rugby. ::)

Have you never traveled anywhere? Climates are different everywhere. Your body adjusts, or it doesn't. Drink some water and pace yourself. No worries.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I was just out there, and didn't have any problems with altitude sickness. What you should really be worried about is the bird flu, monkey pox and mad cow.

4. Been to the top of the Sears Tower twice.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Jesus, 121 posts in 5 years ... look out, Flash. You have competition.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Congratulations.

7. It's called having another screenname. Man, alot of you guys are big assholes. I already knew that sitting back and reading these threads, but this thread is the proof. Again, I can take a joke or two, but when you start questioning the validity of someone's thread, that's just bush.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Idaho, I'm thinking of traveling to Utah next month. How concerned should I be that some Mormon guy might want to seize my wife and make her one of his own?

You can say it doesn't happen, but I read Under the Banner of Heaven. Almost a third of it.

EDIT: C'mon, Will. It's just hilarious for some of us with ties to the West to hear this kind of question.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Someone needs a bottle and a nap.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is she hot? When do you get here?

Next question: My family is going to San Diego in February. If we go to the ocean, will sharks eat us? I saw a movie once -- it was based in New York, but still had an ocean -- and I'm a little worried. Also, I'm sending my daughter to Europe in June. Are gypsies as big a problem as I've been lead to believe?

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No sharks down south, but pay mind to when California breaks off into the ocean. It's coming. Everybody keeps talking about the Big One, you know.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When I used to go to Denver, I'd bring along lots of jars of air from home.

But, with the new travel restrictions, they won't let me get on the plane with them anymore.

Another small piece of freedon given up for the sake of security.

Draft saved Draft deleted