1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altitude sickness in Denver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Nov 6, 2007.

1. That was more the Mets doing than the Phillies, just remember that. But that is for discussion on another thread.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Please tell me this is just a big joke. Please.

3. What's the joke?

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Mitch: Sir, your seat belt seems to be broken. What do you recommend I do?

Cab driver: I recommend you stop being such a (pussy).

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

To be on the safe side, you could always carry an oxygen tank around with you.

If you do, and you start to breathe heavier and harder, it's probably because you're carrying an oxygen tank around with you.

6. Ok, so I come on here asking a serious travel question and suddenly I'm a pussy? Yeah, that's real mature. Excuse me if I have a concern about a particular travel destination. Fortunately there are people nice enough on these boards who have real answers and PMed me a couple. I think people have asked dumber questions on here. A lot of you guys on here are just so full of yourselves. Get a clue. I can take a joke every now and then, but some of you guys are just unreal.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, Will.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon dude. Altitude sickness in Denver? Seriously, it ain't freaking Nepal.

I have given advice to countless people on this website about their careers, relationships, reading lists. I'm not some full of myself a-hole. It just seemed like an appropriate place for a joke from Old School.

Unless you have other medical problems, or you're running a half marathon, you don't have to worry about altitude sickness in Denver anymore than you have to worry about the sun in Florida or the cold in Maine.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just make sure your panties aren't too tight, Will. You'll do fine.

11. I've been on here for the past 5 years, so I know.

12. And I've had people tell me otherwise, including my wife, so it is something.

Draft saved Draft deleted