1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altitude sickness in Denver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. She was afraid of widths.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The root of your sickness is not going to be the altitude, rather, seeing the Mets play.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's so cute when flatlanders worry about altitude sickness.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That makes me cute.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. That sounds like something a Yankees fan would say.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Are you always a hypochondriac, will, or just when you travel?

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The first time I was in Denver, I got altitude sickness. I almost fainted when I was in a museum and for the rest of the day I was nauseous and had a headache. I've never gotten it again on subsequent visits to Denver. They say to avoid alcohol, although the time I got it, I hadn't had a drink and the other times when I haven't gotten it, I have. Go figure. Anyway, I'd advise drinking lots of water and getting a decent amount of sleep.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You can offset the height somewhat by crawling wherever you go.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Nope, try the one pinstriped team in the majors that overtook the Mets in the NL East. :-*

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is this the same country which produced the men who fought in the Battle of the Bulge?

12. Definitely not a hypochondriac. My wife mentioned to me it could happend. She's played rugby in Denver and half the girls on her team got sick. Just trying to see if there was anything to prevent it or control it. Don't want to spend all that money on a trip and be sick. Maybe I'll just follow the Mets somewhere else.

Draft saved Draft deleted