1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altitude sickness in Denver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Nov 6, 2007.

1. How concerned should I be about it? I'm planning a trip for May to see the Mets play the Rockies. Is there a way to reduce the possibility of getting sick? Suggestions?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't get seats in the nosebleed section.

Seriously, unless you plan a lot of walking or running, you shouldn't even notice.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Unless you go to the mountains you'll barely be able to tell the difference... If you're older, or really out of shape you might notice it a little bit, but I've always thought they make way too big a deal out of being at 5280 feet...

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Bring mommy along to hold your hand.

5. Might do some walking for sure. The hotel I'm looking at is about a mile from Coors Field. That's about a 20-minute walk. And that's why I'm worried. I bike to work everyday, but obviously walking a mile in the higher altitude is different. I think Vegas is a half mile above sea level and the first time I went there I had some pretty bad headaches for a couple of days.

6. I don't think that'll work. She's afraid of heights.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nothing to worry about. My 87-year-old mother was there to visit a friend in June and had no problems.
    If an old lady with heart and circulation problems can survive, I think you might be OK.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It was either the altitude or the shot of everclear you did off that stripper.

One of those things definitely gave you a headache.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, I get headaches in Vegas, too. I think it's from losing big at blackjack, though.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Agreed, Ace

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Was she afraid of heights?

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You'll have no problem unless you stop for a beer at every bar inbetween.

Draft saved Draft deleted