1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

alternator...OUT!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Jul 29, 2008.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

That's epic.

Reminds me of when I was working industrial construction right out of high school for my dad. We'd sit under a tractor-trailer and eat lunch. And of course, like clockwork at 12:15 every day, the porta-potty guy would come and clean out the toilets while we were in the midst of lunch. The sewage! The shrill of the vacuum! The eau de orange stuff that's supposed to cover up shit smell, but really doesn't!

I asked him one day if he could come a few minutes later, just out of consideration. He looked at me, flashed a three-toothed amber grin and said, "Son, your shit is my bread and butter."

And with that, he hopped into his sewage truck and set sail for the next dirty shitter.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

IJAG if you rent with roommates and do not have a car payment, you might want to work out and see where your money goes each month.

Sorry if this sounds like an intervention, but my credit was below the Mendoza line in my 20s, but it is not that tough to pull it together.

What's going to happen when the car dies?

I have a feeling a quick sitdown with a financial planner (just to work out monthly bills and work off of that) would do wonders.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

And you'll pay $403 every time you take it to the vet.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

$403 for a horse is a good deal!

And the alternator was $405, thank you.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And just for IJAG:

Draft saved Draft deleted