1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alternative home entertainment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Cut the cord today. Didn't want to, but not in the budget right now. I have a few cheap altneratives, including Netflix using my Roku, plus an option I use for sports on my laptop and iPad. Wish Aereo was available in my market for locals.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We've been with Dish for about four years. We pay $55.99 a month and I think we have the highest package without getting the movie channels. We've gotten free upgrades twice, one to the sports channels and the next time so we could get Disney XD and Nickelodeon Jr. for the kids.

If I didn't have kids, I'd probably get rid of cable altogether and just watch shows on the Internet. All four networks have almost all of their shows online.

I know a lot of people who have canceled cable and then just signed up for Hulu Plus or Netflix.

Draft saved Draft deleted