1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alright.......I need help with a Yanni song.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not buyin' that. Dudes were getting laid regardless. Putting one of his CD's on may give a nice backdrop for the event, but nowhere in the history of time has one of his tunes come on, and immediately created the causal reaction of prompting a woman to remove her panties.

I'd say you could even get a little nastier with "Pour Some Sugar on Me" pumping from the speakers....

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

"Hockey Night in Canada" theme. The true Canadian anthem.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Who are you, and what have you done with Mikey?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Clearly, the best-ever sports theme was ELO's Fire On High used by CBS -- I think they ran it on the old "CBS Sports Spectacular" in the late 70s, early 80s.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Concur wholeheartedly.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The CBS theme songs in the 1980s were good. The NBA, the NFL Today, the one for the U.S. Open tennis tournament.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's CBS's main golf theme song, not what it uses on the Masters. And I know the tune Chef is referring to; it's not the usual piano tinkling of the Masters but a secondary one the network used when going out to a commercial.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

BINGO.

Now, give me the name of the song.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The theme to This Week In Baseball trumps them all, but it needs the voice of Mel Allen over it.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

NBC's credits just now listed:

"In Celebration of Man," by Yanni.

Draft saved Draft deleted