1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Already sick of yankees-red sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 18, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm surprised there is no thread for people sick of the overwhelming hype regarding this weekend's Twins-White Sox series.

2. KP

KP Active Member

I'm sick of the snails pace of play. Game is 2 hours in and it's still the 4TH INNING.
    Unmanageable, according to the unlistenable Michael Kay.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Of course. But take each group and compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, and my argument stands.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Where was last year's? I thought that was the lowest.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You may be right ... White Sox-Astros.

Still, two Top 10 markets.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Could be worse. It could be Tim McCarver.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

4 hours in and there are only two outs in the bottom of the 7th.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Baseball Tonight guys just said it's 27 minutes away from being the longest 9-inning game ever.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'd just like to note here that I had the pleasure of attending Greg Maddux's 68-piece masterpiece last Sunday, in which a 10-inning game -- extra innings, mind you -- was completed in 2:27.

Seems like a good place to note that fact. ;D

10. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but ...

On the early Baseball Tonight, which started about 10:22, they went SIX MINUTES talking about Game 1 of the doubleheader before giving me a score and highlights of the in-progress game. Pitiful.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You know who's sick of Yankees-Red Sox? The Red Sox.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No doubt. I think they're pretty much done. Unless the White Sox slide or the Red Sox somehow piece together some good pitching performances to back that offense, I just don't see Boston in the postseason, as odd as that sounds.

I mean, Boston pitchers have only walked 28 or so Yankees in three games already. They walked 13 today. Oops.

Draft saved Draft deleted