1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Already sick of yankees-red sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

A couple of things:

Thing One -- Regardless your feelings on Yankees-BoSox, is there a notiably better game to make Fox's GOTW? Better as in quality of play as well as ratings. ChiSox-Twins is a fine game, of that there's no doubt, but nether are going to be on top of their division at the end of the series. Plus which there's more national interest in Yankees-BoSox. Sorry, but it's true. The only case you can make for putting ChiSox-Twins in that spot is as a protest to NYY-BOS.

Thing Two -- God bless XM. I can listen to the REAL biggest game of the weekend ... Tribe-Rays, natch.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

JR--I just might. ;D

Meat, very nice delivery on the A-Rod line. Solid.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Were Sawx fans applauding Damon's HR just then? Or are there that many Yankee fans in Fenway today?

4. KP

KP Active Member

I'm sure some of the pink hats were cheering for him. Might be more Yanks fans than the past couple of years this afternoon.
    Nice, Sox bullpen needs to go 4.2 to start a doubleheader.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That, my friend, is truly a big series. White Sox at Tigers next week, too. Huge week of baseball in the AL Central, best division in baseball, but you'll never know from the "Worldwide Leader."

You know, speaking of ESPN and hype, I hear Willie Mays is Barry Bonds' godfather. You'd think ESPN would have mentioned that before.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who the Yankees got that night?

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

They are at Seatle and Anaheim.

8. Inky_Wretch

If' you're at this doubleheader, how much cash would anticipate spending? $100 on beer alone if you're a drinker, right?

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You actually believe this is a real double-header? (Sorry, Inky. Didn't mean it to sound snide.)

Game two doesn't start until 8pm. By then, the stands will be cleared and the second set of drunks fans will be shuffled in.

Thus, it isn't a pure double-header.

10. Inky_Wretch

Good point. I hadn't thought of that angle.

11. As for the original thread topic, boo-fucking-hoo. World Series ratings sunk like a rock without the Sox or Yanks involved last year. Maybe they can put the Royals or Brewers on ESPN 2 to make all the people in the boonies happy ... oh wait, there's tennis on ESPN2 right now, more people will watch that than flyover country baseball.

Oh and White Sox-Tigers was the FOX game in my neighborhood last week, and I live nowhere near either city. But don't let that get in the way of your whining.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Wow. One nationally televised Tiger game in the last 19 years. Doesn't quite add up to the Yankees-Red Sox. At any rate, I'll watch a Yankees-Red Sox game from 1991 if it means poker isn't on.

Draft saved Draft deleted