1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Already sick of yankees-red sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 18, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Arod just confessed to killing JonBenet.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

What about T.O.? Have you heard something?

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

it needed to be said again.....except with more heart.

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

1-0 Yankees.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

A big series? Nah.

Chien Ming-Wang only intentionally walked Manny Ramirez in the first inning.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mike, give us a pitch by pitch update, OK? :)

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Clearly this didn't take place during a ninth inning, or JonBenet would still be with us.

8. shecky

shecky Member

I'm consumed by this series, but I'm one of those freakish Red Sox fans. My wife is about to kick me out of the house.
    That said, if you don't like all the hype, tune it out. It's not that hard. Bitching about is an enormous waste of energy.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Somehow I have a feeling that if the Sox were in a title race but ESPN did nothing but blanket you with coverage and talk about the Dodgers and Giants, you'd be bitching.

10. shecky

shecky Member

Actually, no. I learned long ago not to watch ESPN. Bigger waste of time than bitching about ESPN.
    Point taken, but I can tune things out that don't interest me. It's called turning off the TV, grabbing a book or playing with the kids. Easy.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And, as it turns out, those are some of the very things that I do in cases like this, something I pointed out at the beginning of the thread.

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

That crap has pissed me off for 3 years now (since i've subscribed to Extra Innings). And they don't just black out the Fox games you don't get...... they black out games on regional Fox Sports networks you'd get any other day of the week, and don't lift the blackout till 7 p.m. Eastern.
    It's ridiculous.
    I distinctly remember 2 years ago when Greg Maddux was going for his 300th win against the Giants... I lived in Birmingham, and all any sports bar in town could get was Braves-Diamondbacks. Horrible.
    By the way, the Red Sox and Yankees are overblown too, even though this is an important series.
    If freaking Barbaro died this weekend, we'd get 59 minutes of Sox-Yanks, and over the closing theme music...
    "By the way, racehorse Barbaro.... has died. More on ESPN.com."
    I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

Draft saved Draft deleted