1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Already sick of yankees-red sox

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It's a huge series--40 games left to go, and this could go a long way to helping one get in the postseason and one not making it. So, if ESPN wants to fawn all over this series, seems like they have every right to, and to an extent, an obligation to do so.

If you want to take shots for over-publicizing an April Yanks/Sox matchup, your point has merit. This time--you come off sounding like a network/yankee/bosox hater.

Now, in fairness, they ought to be giving some love to the Chisox/Twinkies as well.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

?

3. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

I think we need to hear T.O.'s opinion of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. Then we can all die happy.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, the nice thing for me was that baseball season ended in April. That's when my fantasy team fell apart and when the Orioles fell apart. I'm glad Baltimore didn't drag it out until July this time.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

See, if you were Asian Man you couldn't do that.

Bitching about Yankees/Red Sox is like bitching about early Christmas decorations...it's inevitable and profitable, a lot of people like it and a lot of people don't. Is it really worth griping about?

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

did T.O. practice today????? any updates on his relationship with Parcells...........ESPN hasn't aired anything new about T.O. and the Cowboys in over an hour...

::)

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Really? How?

In the NY area ESPN ends up showing ESPNews. The actual game is blacked out because it is on the local stations. I don't have proof that the same thing happens in Boston, but I have no reason to believe otherwise.

As such, this means that the people watching this game are going to be outside the area. So, if ESPN is going to show Sawx/Yanks, it means they get higher national ratings than other teams.

While it may certainly be true that those top two teams have the most fans, it could also be the location of the actual Hall of Fame.

Being of such close proximity to Boston and New York, as opposed to Atlanta, LA or Chicago, the most likely visitor will be coming from the Boston and New York area.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

did T.O.  practice today?????   any updates on his relationship with Parcells...........ESPN hasn't aired anything new about T.O. and the Cowboys in over an hour...

::)
    Did you make that up yourself? Or, did you steal it from the first page? 8) :-*

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Nope. ;D

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

people. get a grip. espn is nothing more than the "entertainment tonight" of sports, that is all anyone should expect it to be. the net bangs the drums on what it perceives to be the sexiest story out there.

think of t.o. or yanks-red sox as mel gibson or ben-jen or jenifer aniston, and you'll be better off.

the sooner you accept that, the happier you'll be. oh, and hit the clicker.  ;D ;D ;D

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Why? They're talking about the Yankees and Red Sox right now and I think we're finally going to get a T.O. update after they show that Reggie Bush fantasy football commercial.

12. North61

North61 Member

How about a baseball night in america?

Sox Yanks on ESPN
    Twins/Sox on ESPN2

Oh wait that's a good idea. Where's the 24/7 feed of Lance riding a bike - oops I meant TO

Draft saved Draft deleted