1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alone for new year's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Now you're an even BIGGER looser :D

2. Flash

Flash Guest

It is by no means a romantic tryst. One of my co-workers just emailed me and said she had a spare ticket.
    I reek of looser. But I won't be alone at the movies. I will be with 20,000 other people ... and many of them are loosers, too.

3. Norman Stansfield

Well, DUH...you'll be at a hockey game...all 20,000 will be loosers :D

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

This thread has been much funnier than I thought it would be when I clicked on it, but how has this paragraph slipped by without any mention? Isn't that illegal? Shouldn't you find a safe house, lay low for a while?

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

NYE used to be the biggest night of the year for me and my buddies.

Twenty years ago tomorrow night was the best NYE of my life, as we flew from Toronto to Fort Lauderdale in the afternoon, partied all night at Penrod's and then went the next day to watch my Miami Hurricanes beat Oklahoma for the national championship in the Orange Bowl.

But since then I've probably spent as many nights at home, shutting it down at 11 or whatever, than at a party. It just seemed like everybody else had something going on and bars were out of the question.

Last year, a buddy of mine and his wife decided to have a party and we all brought out kids and it was an awesome time. The party was over by 12:30 (gotta get the kids home) but I'm already looking forward to tomorrow night. I'm working during the day so I'll be ready for a few beers but it's the massive buffet I'm most ready for.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

After I have lunch at the sports bar today, I'll have roughly 73 cents to my name for New Year's Eve. Looks like I'll be hanging out at Barnes & Noble reading books for free.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I too am alone again this year. Spent NYE at my cousins and got drunk, but that is out of the question this year. Although i might be going to a friend's party where i will be the oldest one there.

8. Norman Stansfield

LOOSER!!!

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Agreed.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

damn, jones, not only are you a good writer but your wife must be pretty cool, too, if you're smoking a bowl in the living room while she's asleep. wish my wife would support that occasional indulgence.

that said, we have a one-month old baby so NYE will be like any other night: feed the baby, pray she sleeps, watch this beautiful, incredible little girl sleep, get a little shuteye while she sleeps, repeat process until morning.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Do you have email transfer, pallister? I think I have about 10 bucks I can spare. That can get you a coffee and a Playboy to take home.

12. Norman Stansfield

He prefers Juggs or Swank.

Draft saved Draft deleted