1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alone for new year's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A statement the women in your life have come to know well. :)

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was a school trip funded entirely by the students (the students' families, rather). The band, of which I was a part thanks to my fucking dad (the band director), took a big trip every four years or so, and we went to the Gator Bowl in 1999-2000. I also went to New Orleans with the jazz band in 1998 -- a much more interesting trip.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

My wife and I are hosting a party. We invited a bunch of folks though most seem to be out of town or have other plans [double checks for body odor, comes up clean].

But more to the point: I would hope that any single person that came to our shindig would not feel guilty because it's lots some a few one other couple, not counting your unsmelly hosts. And never in a million years would we whisper in a corner, wow, look at the clown, all dateless and shit on NYE.

We want to celebrate with our friends, be they single, involved or married... I hope to God none of you have friends that think differently.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We did the same thing, except every three years. I just sent Mike a PM that said, "I was on a school trip to Florida in 1999 that was the same dates as yours" but ours was the Orange Bowl. I was reading his story and thinking "man, it sounds like this kid was at the same place as me, but unfortunately, different bowls.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I used creative license in the re-telling of that story.

I think my actual line was "please please pretty please I'm the last American virgin."

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If I got off work before 9:30, I'd be there. But I'd barely make your place by midnight. :(

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

My flu and I will be curled up in bed.

Yahweh willing, this relationship ends as soon as possible.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

NYE was going to be my girlfriend and I at home, alone - a rarity when you have two roommates. There was going to be some wine, some kissing and then a lot of fucking.
    Now, one of the roommates is apparently coming back into town.
    Oh, well.
    Me and the girl have been doing a lot of drinking, kissing and fucking the last two days and still have tomorrow.
    So, I suppose we will attempt to have a party. I'm hoping we can get 10-12 folks here and we will throw down like it's 1999! Or me and the roommate will drink together until my girlfriend gets off work. Then us three will drink together, he will go to bed and I will hopefully do her, which would be one of my most memorable NYE's.

One year ago on NYE, my ex-wife was in the process of telling me she never wanted to see me again and to get the fuck out of the house. So, in reality, this NYE couldn't be worse, unless the present girlfriend hooked up with another guy. And if that happens, well you all may never witness another post by me.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hitting the bars is too played out, especially at my old age.

I'm staying in, getting a shitload of work done, and probably hanging out here with any other loosers that happen to be staying in as well.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That, my friends, is why I like Angola.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm working, and the ex will be in town, so ya know.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

So the ex will be ringing in the New Year by getting Stan drunk?

Draft saved Draft deleted