1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alone for new year's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 30, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should volunteer to work for JD Canon.

2. What a year you're having.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

TSP, stirrin' it up nicely.

I'd take his place but I can't afford the paycut.

4. Cracker

Cracker Guest

I'm alone as well. I live out west so I'm just gonna concede the final year of my 20s, get to bed and enjoy NYD and the early-morning bowl games.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It's 50-50 that my wife won't stay awake till midnight, so it's 50-50 I'll be on here. We have plans earlier in the night.

I had some crappy ones when I was single. One year I got out of work and was walking across a city street and a car hit me, hard enough to knock me over but I was basically uninjured. I just couldn't believe it. Did you actually fucking run me over? Well, it's New Year's Eve, I guess we have to expect these things!

Another year in my late 20s I managed to make last call at a bar after work and in that brief time some 45-year-old woman and I managed to acquaint well enough that she took me home with her. She was fantastic, although at the time the age difference seemed a bit sick. And now I'm three years older than she was then. Betty. She must be living in Leisure Village by now.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mazel on making it with Betty White.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Betty Rubble was much hotter.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Betty Rubble, on fungus, is the hottest woman in the Bedrock planet!

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am laying low... learned from years in the bar business not to go out... hell, even the bar I was at closed at 6 to save on liability

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have no friends plans, and I'll be damned if I'm going watch Carson Daly drop the ball. As it were. Maybe I'll commit a crime.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch Entourage.

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I hate New Year's Eve. I'm not a drinker and I hate all that "year in review" crap. If I had my way, and I probably will, I'd go to sleep around 10 PM and wake up around 10 AM the next day.

Draft saved Draft deleted