1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alomar, Blyleven are in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 5, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bagwell's total jumped out at me, too. No question he belongs, especially when you figure in his all-around game and the fact that he played in the Astrodome for much of his career.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

The only way you assclowns who rip the writers ever year would be happy is if everyone had one shot to get in and it's yea or nay with no second chance (let alone 15 years of eligibility).

I have no problem with a number of guys holding back a year on Alomar because of the Hirschbeck incident and because they think "first ballot" should be reserved for truly special players
    I have no problem with guys reevaluating someone like Blyleven who is not a cut and dried choice and eventually deciding he belongs.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Very well said.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but do you think the whole rode-bareback-while-HIV-positive allegations might have hurt him last year?

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Completely agree.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If you see it as wonderful, that's great; to each his own. To me, this belongs in the Dumbest Things in Sports thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Trifecta: I was being sarcastic. I'm with you on how dumb and idiotic it is.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

So do you guys believe if a player doesn't make it in his first year of eligibility, he should never make it?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Writer holding players out of the HOF because *they* want to punish a player is completely contradictory to your avatar signature or whatever it's called. That's what you call writers doing nothing more than making themselves part of the story.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Dumb.

But not surprising. Sportswriters like trying to play God.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

You did not answer my question.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Some writers played the morality police and looked like fools when Alomar fell short. Solution: He jumps to 90 percent of the vote.

Bagwell getting 41 percent is proof people really need to start paying better attention to players that aren't in New York or Boston.

Draft saved Draft deleted