1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alomar, Blyleven are in

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 5, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So now what will the "Bert belongs in the Hall" people do with their time? Congrats to both.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's a drunk driving, diaper-wearing, sonuvabitch, don'tcha know?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Can you spit on his plaque?

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Bert is hereby circled. :D

I'm happy, and this Bert Belongs in the Hall gal will just sit back and enjoy the victory.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

How the fuck does Alomar not get in last year (voters: ehhh, not really a HOFer) to getting 90 percent this year (voters: HELL FUCKING YES, HE'S A HOFer!!!!)?

And Bagwell getting only 41 percent?

Sportswriters are fucking idiots.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

All those wins and strikeouts Blyleven piled up over the past year must have pushed the voting over the magic number.

Idiots.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And he started with like 17 percent his first year of eligibility. A "no-chance" HOFer to a HOFer. Wonderful.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Alomar should have been elected last year. Stats that pretend to downplay his fielding simply serve those with their heads in the sand and ignored watching Alomar with their eyes.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Agree with the "idiots" charges. Sad that Alomar was made to wait because of an incident for which he was punished at the time, for which he apologized, for which he was forgiven. And yet, all these years later, a bunch of self-important fucking asshole writers think they have the moral authority to punish him again? In reality, they have the moral authority of one of Blyleven's farts.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The Hall of Fame voters have really looked like complete clowns the last few years.

And it's only going to get worse.

11. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Considering the massive jump, it had to be a one-year punishment for the Hirshbeck incident.

And it is a shame that Bagwell will be on the outside looking in for a bit, while Larkin is poised to make the Hall. I'm a huge Reds fan, and I loved watching Barry play, but I would consider him a borderline HOFer at best.

Bottom line, Alomar should have been in last year. Blyleven should have been in a long time ago. And the writers are stupid for punishing Bagwell just because he was a strong guy during the steroids era.

BTW, I, for one, absolutely LOVE Cooperstown debates.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I still don't think Blyleven is Hall worthy. Now I'll have to go just to fart on his plaque

Draft saved Draft deleted