1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Almost No Teachers In District's Low-Performing Schools Considered 'Ineffective'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Do you think they are also listening to that evil rock n roll music as well?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Correct.

One-sentence, out-of-context aphorisms, lacking source citations and not subject to any kind of rigorous empirical scrutiny = "who gives a fuck what they have to say?"

There is little that's more irrelevant to today's policy and Constitutional debates than posting a 250-year-old Thomas Jefferson quote of questionable veracity on Facebook and yelling, "Scoreboard!"

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They offer us very little. There's 7 billion people on the planet right now, facing problems those people never dreamed of. I bet a few of them are pretty smart. Let's find them.

4. Morris816

Morris816 Member

"For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions on important subjects, which I thought right but found to be otherwise." -- Benjamin Franklin

Yes, Franklin was speaking about the final draft of the Constitution as the Constitutional Convention came to a close, but still, it's general advice from a Founding Father worth following.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's worth following because it's good advice, whether it comes from Ben Franklin or some random doofus.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The kind of bullshit I'm taking about is you'll see someone, whether it's Sarah Palin or Glenn Beck or someone from your college fraternity, post something like this:

"When the Republic begins to tax the people such that the best of society lo may they lack the resources to build up the society, woe be to the Republic, and long shall I weep." - George Washington

Happens all the time. I've never seen YF object when Old_Tony or one of his right-wing cohorts does it here.

Draft saved Draft deleted