1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(almost) everyone's catching on to Herm The Fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Until last week, he hadn't exactly set the world on fire against Carolina.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

We shall see.

I think he gets handled.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten how much I missed the weekly Mike Vick debates between AF and the rest of SportsJournalists.com.

4. Herm has horrible clock management, and fairly horrible decision making. He motivates as well as does Bill Cowher with half the talent as a head coach. I like what he has to say much of the time, but he is just overmatched week in and week out. Someone mentioned him not knowing the down and distance earlier in the thread, in the same game, he wasted about a minute and a half at the end of the game when the team was still in it, and when they were down by ten with a minute and a half to play from the opponant 10 in a fourth and goal, the moron went for it, while needing two scores, a TD and a field goal (it is actually a current trend in the NFL these days and I pull my hair out every time I see it happening). He really isn;t all that good a coach. A good motivator, but not a coach.

5. profootballtalk is ridiculous for pointing a finger strictly at herm.... vermeil's other god son, carl peterson, also threw vermeil under a bus... and profootballtalk needs to be honest and say: "vermeil read jason whitlock's thursday column and was irate after reading what was on the chiefs' official web site blasting vermeil and the vermeil offense."

to put this all on herm is a total joke. it's herm and peterson.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Whitlock is right. Peterson should get some of the blame, but Herm deserves plenty.

Now tell us why you're leaving ESPN.com.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'm sure most people want to see Vick have 3-4 good games in a row before they break out their "Vick's the greatest" columns again.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

VIVA LA VICKBALL!!!

Seriosuly, it's one game. Vick's had great Septembers before then faded. Let's see if he can put together two good games. You know Tampa Bay has got to play a more inspired game this week, given what they did (or didn't do, actually) last week.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

Before we start calling this `` a great September'' or even ``a great game'' by Vick, a little reality check:

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
    M.Vick 22 10 140 1/7 2 34 0 96.8

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
    M.Vick 7 48 6.9 24 0

Well under 50 percent and only 140 yards passing, no interceptions, very good numbers running. Great? Whatever.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Tampa is going to come out pissed off and destroy Vick and Co.

11. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i have no idea who will win, but the bucs (and d-coordinator monte kiffin) have had vick's number in the past few years.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Back to Herm: He's just opening the first letter that tells him to blame everything on the predecessor.

Near the end of the season, he'll get around to opening the second letter.

Draft saved Draft deleted