1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Almost) a full season of Thursday Night Football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 3, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The practice time, I get. The sleep time? Please.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For the Monday night game between the Pats and Chiefs last November, the traffic jam at 6 p.m. extended from Gillette Stadium to AT LEAST the exit on Route 128 for my house in Lexington. Driving distance from those two points is 34 miles.
    If fans were smart, they'd never go to weekday night games.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jet lag sounds like a cliche, but it's a pretty real condition when discussing professional athletes trying to get to peak performance. One group gets to keep its sleep schedule the same and the other has to adjust, sometimes pretty dramatically. It's not climbing Everest, but there is an impact.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

"A little starved for football" three days after football weekend finishes on Monday night? You're joking, aren't you?

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I look forward to the Thursday night games, especially since I watch very little of the Monday night games, early bedtime and all for this old man. Thursdays work better since I'm off most Fridays.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I agree tha Thursday is a better night for football watching over Monday night. Travel sucks, but at least you know the teams in your division all have the same obstacles you do.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't like Thursday because it messes with fantasy football and I have to hope I don't forget to set any starters for that game.

Yea, and I know no gives an f about my fantasy team.....

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait...buried in the lede is Goodell indicates the NFL will expand by two teams? Or does he?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7535394/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-says-34-teams-likely-nfl-adds-franchise-los-angeles

Very confusing article, to say the least.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, he says when they expand, it will not be by one (1) team.

Actually, when they expand, it will probably be by four teams, over a span of several seasons.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ticketholders? We should care? How quaint.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Why doesn't the NFL just do what is probably 3-5 years away and have games every night of the week? That's what they really want anyway.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Anything to make college football less relevant is a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted