1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All's well in Detroit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Crazy seems to be standard ...

The IA officer seems stable. ::)

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Another day in the "D."

Godbee always struck me as a slimeball. No surprise this happened.

I cover two departments in neighboring cities. I was at a meeting with one of the mayors last night and was razzing him because his chief, who was at the San Diego conference, used to be a high-ranking officer in Detroit. The mayor was quick to point out that 1. His chief wouldn't do something like that (no surprise - seems like an upstanding guy) and 2. His chief does not want to go back to Detroit to succeed Godbee, who hasn't been canned yet, but surely will be (no surprise there, either - who would want that headache?).

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When he saw that thing in her mouth, he knew she meant business, even if it wasn't in as far as it could go.

But in the chief's defense, the last mayor didn't think there was anything out of line about any of this.

4. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The previous chief is pissed that he had to resign over his affair with a female officer, but Godbee only got a suspension:

http://www.freep.com/article/20121003/NEWS01/121003020/Warren-Evans-questions-his-firing-after-Ralph-Godbee-s-second-sex-scandal?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Only in Detroit...

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Average day in the D. Yawn. Get back to me when they release the text messages.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or when the IA officer turns up dead in a ditch.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

HuffPo has the Twitter photo:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/02/angelica-robinson-ralph-godbee-affair_n_1934208.html

Draft saved Draft deleted