1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allison Stokke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If you read the Wash Post article, she did indeed have her own myspace page. This is a quote from the article......

"She had more than 1,000 new messages on her MySpace page."

So Double Down, um, why be bothered to, um, read the Wash Post article at all. Why not just write some predicatble knee-jerk reactionary drivel about me writing an "angry opinion" which, I never did, by the way. Did you even read my original post?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

So we're going to blame kids for having their own myspace page now? Do you even know what a myspace page is, you wanker?

3. zagoshe

I know what a Myspace page is and I think it is playing with fire for any teen, particularly an attractive female, because a whole lot of whackos and perverts use it to pick up underage chicks -- regardless if their page is "private" or not dipshit.

And I am going to put this on the record --- Double Down issued the first personal insult of this thread so in the above post. And I'm sure once this thread turns into personal insults like all the others, he'll be one of the sanctimonious assholes trying to blame the "trolls" for ruining another thread.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I blame the girl for being too damn good looking and thus a perv magnet.

Couldn't she wear baggy sweats while competing and maybe get a disfiguring scar?

Girls these days will do anything for attention.

It's sickening, I tell you.

5. zagoshe

And back to the original point before some overly sensistive politically correct jackasses tried to jack another thread with their whiny bitch act -- what is the lawsuit here? I just don't see it.

I think it could be very easily argued that she became a public figure, at least in some capacity, the minute she won a state track championship and went on to set five national records.

6. Double Down

Oh shit, I've been put on record. My little plan is ruined.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're on record, Double D. You don't want to be on double secret probation, too.

8. zagoshe

I just want it to be very clear who started throwing out the personal insults since the "decline of civility" is such a concern to some of you.

9. Zagoshe, the civility on this board has improved somewhat in the past few months. You have some good points to add at times, but it seems every post of yours is angry, and goes out of its way to insult large groups of people (liberals, PC types, the media). I would submit there's a way to get your point across without doing that. If you want to be taken more seriously, take this under advisement. If your whole purpose here is to be an outlet for your anger at the world, then never mind.

And Double Down ... wanker?

10. Double Down

Alas, I've been exposed as a fraud. Who would have imagined it would be zagoshe who undressed me so ruthlessly and cunningly in front of the SportsJournalists.com community, using a weapon so simple as the quote function?

Woe is I. From this day forward, I embrace my inner troll. It's obvious I cannot recover from this.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Zag, sure it's HER fault she has a myspace page like millions of other kids and some pervs leave mesages on it.

Damn her for being a normal teenager. Damn her to hell.

You are a complete ass.

In no way is this her fault. Maybe she should just wear a burka 24-7 so no one will be able to see her skin.

And a high school kid is not a celebrity for winning titles and setting records you idiot. Jesus, you are a miserable little man.

She didn't start any of this shit. It's not her fault she's attractive, she doesn't seem to be courting it and I kind of feel bad for her. But to blame her is idiotic.

12. zagoshe

Angry? What was angry about my first post in here? I simply said an attractive young girl --or boy for that matter-- with a my-space page is just begging to be the mark of sickos, perverts -- and as the one guy in the Wash Post article stated "comedy writers with blogs" -- and I don't have much sympathy for them.

My oldest wants desperately to have a myspace page, I tell him no and if I find out he created one he'll be in big, big trouble for this reason.

I also questioned what exactly the lawsuit is here because I just don't see it. Being mad that people made lewd comments on an internet blog about your daughter is probably not going to rise to the level of slander or libel, especially since she is a public figure, at least in some capacity.

There is nothing angry and/or insulting about anything I wrote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.