1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allison Stokke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Get the SEC baseball tourney games to start on time.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

My friend sent me a link about two weeks ago to that first photo. He said it was being passed around at work. It's batty how quickly her image has exploded.

If things get worse (I guess you could use this word), I wonder when the WWL will pick up the story. Paging Bob Ley.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Please, dear sweet baby jesus, please let me not have daughters.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Perverts.

5. Today's Washington Post includes an article on this subject

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/28/AR2007052801370.html?hpid=topnews

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I hadn't seen or heard anything about her until I saw this thread just now. I read dexter's post and immediately googled her name. It actually made me feel dirty, because from his post, I knew she was a H.S. kid getting creepy attention and I STILL couldn't help myself from googling her. I hate myself for doing it. I hate myself even more after looking at two pictures.

She looks like a kid! I mean, it wasn't like she is a woman-child of some sort. It is really creepy that her pictures are circulating via e-mail; and it doesn't make a ton of sense to me: she is a good-looking girl, but there are PLENTY of good-looking girls in the world. Why has she gotten all of this unwanted attention?

Guys really perv over this stuff? I just don't get it. I feel bad for her and her parents.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Bingo.

With all the sicko sonbitches and perverts out there in this world, I have little sympathy for a girl that has her own fan page and a myspace page -- both with her photos readily availble. The parents first step should be to rein in her own personal attention-seeking outlets before they start suing other people.

She isn't to blame for whackos making lewd comments about her -- she is to blame for starting this feeding frenzy by creating her own personal web page and I'd bet her parent's reaction to it has made her one of the most googled people on the net.

I know I hadn't heard anything about this "controversy" until logging in right now.

And if those photos were taken by someone other than the family or perhaps a newspaper --- what exactly is the lawsuit?

I hear people throwing around terms like slander and libel -- did any of you ever go to Comm. Law class? Oh, well, I mean any of you who aren't "citizen journalists or fan boys with knowledge of HTML"?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With all the sicko sonbitches and perverts out there in this world, I have little sympathy for a girl that has her own fan page and a myspace page -- both with her photos readily availble.

Do you guys read at all? Those weren't her web sites. She didn't create the fan page.... someone here actually gave the IP information.

And the myspage fan site (the one with the song singing "I want to kiss little girls" wasn't created by her either.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, dammit, give Poin credit for his work.

:D Sorry, it was a hanging curveball.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nothing if not consistent, dools

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Kittens are officially an endangered species.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Why be bothered to actually, um, read the Post article that explains, repeatedly, that she didn't post a single one of these pictures herself? I mean really, why bother? It's so much cooler to just throw out an angry opinion blasting this girl. I think we'll call this the Tao of Zagoshe.

Great story by Eli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.