1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allison Stokke

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

YIKES!!!

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I don't know what her parents can do about disgusting comments (I didn't see any of them) but I don't think there is much they can do about those photos being out there.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Gotta say, for a girl that attractive to master something as difficult as the pole vault, you have to respect her. This society would have presented her with plenty of opportunities just for looking like that.

4. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

It's really only that striking first picture (and it'll stop any red-blooded male in his tracks) that made her an internet phenom. On the rest of them, yes, she looks like your average high school kid.

Sorry to disappoint, DD.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, the first one is just an amazing picture.

The last one on the link I threw up there is the disturbing one. She could be 14 in that picture.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Holy smoke!

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dad will go (legally) nuclear on some of the website owners on grounds of libel, slander, appropriation of personal image, etc etc. It'd probably be a real good idea for the said siteowners to pull 'em off the web.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

She has her own dot-com and the parents think they can sue for her being thrust into the spotlight? Get real.

While I in no way condone lewd comments about a high-school kid, let's just chalk it up to asses being asses and move on. The parents' legal action is actually putting Allison into the media more; how's that for ironic? When you have young, attractive athletes competing, they get oogled. Acting as if you can actually stop that is foolish, to say the least.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I will say this:

Anyone who has had to shoot HS volleyball using the long lens has felt like a pervert more than once.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How do you know that's her own dot-com? Maybe it was set up by someone using her name...?

But either way....she's a beautiful girl, the pictures are clean and athletic, and if nothing else, let her be an example for girls who need to understand you can be 'hot' without giant fake tits falling out of your unbuttoned sequined tank top...

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sure, she's cute. But can she sing?

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Wow. Amazing. If I have daughters, I want them to look like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.