1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Allen Iverson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by stevenash, Dec 14, 2006.

?

What team will he go to next??

1. Pacers

25.0%
  2. Celtics

25.0%
  3. Timberwolves

25.0%
  4. stay where he is

25.0%
  1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

First of all, did you watch the 2004 Olympics? He played great team ball.
    Second of all, yeah he's 31 years old, but he has shown NO SIGNS OF SLOWING DOWN. Last season, statistically, was the best(31 points per) of his career. So far this season, he's averaging 33.
    If he wasn't going to give it up then why would he ask for a trade? He knows he's going to have to do it on his new team.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

You ask a question regardring the reasoning behind a decision that AI made. You do realize that he was once found in the nude after an altercation, right? I mean, this guy isn't rational at all, so why pretend that he is.

3. Chuck~Taylor

I thought he tossed his wife out of the house while she was naked.
    Anyways, he she's shown in the past that he wants to play team ball. Just wait and see hkman, he'll play team ball.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2004 Olympics? BRONZE for AI. Great team ball? Maybe, but for a few games, and they still lost a couple.

The reason no ones jumping to get him is far more than his 17 million salary.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Hey, I guess we're going to have to wait and see. I really think the guy is going to play team ball.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, I just skimmed that article. So you're probably correct. Still, the point is that he has a habit of making poor decisions, and he clearly has too much of an interest in himself. People doubted MJ, and he didn't have near the baggage AI has. I don't think AI is capable of leading a team, but he might be able to win a championship anyway. If he doesn't, people will always see him as the self-centered guy who brought attention to himself by looking like a thug as much as by playing at a high level.

Draft saved Draft deleted